
Dosage 1000mg a day always a physician’s advice before you start taking flax seed or any other medications
What is Flax seed oil?
Flax seed oil is made from the seeds of the flax plant also known as Linum Usitatissimum (linseed Oil). Flax seed is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids it is an excellent substitute for fish oils. According to research flax seed can be beneficially for the reproductive system as well as the cardiovascular system, immune system, circulatory system, nervous system as well as joints.
Flax Seed Oil and Conception
Flax seed is present in a lot of every day food products. Because it is so rich in fatty acids it is considered a must to take flax seed when trying to conceive as it can benefit you and your unborn child. It also helps increase the quality and improve the quality of your cervical mucus.
Flax Seed Oil and Pregnancy
There are a lot of reports which state the benefits of flax seed and reproduction system. For example if you take a high dose of it, it can help regulate your cycle, it can also help reduce hot flushes during menopause, if used correctly it can help correct any hormonal in balances. Many doctors are apposed to pregnant mothers taking flax seed because it has an affect on estrogen and hormones, which could interfere with your body during pregnancy.
Concerns with taking flax seed
Fears have been expressed that taking flax seed while pregnant can being on premature labour, please read this article for more information
Please bear in mind that this is just one study and more research needs to be put into the affects of flax seed and premature labour.
My Personal experience with flax seed oil
I started taking flax seed oil (1000mg) in February 2009. I noticed a change especially when I was due to start my menstrual cycle (period). My breast would start to go sore at one week before my period was due. You must be thinking everyone’s has sore breasts before their period, I don’t mean just a little sore, I mean very very sore, I couldn’t even touch my breasts. The nipple and the breast its self would go sore. This soreness can also indicate pregnancy in some woman, which was why I also thought, maybe I am pregnant, but NO I wasn’t. I also noticed that two days before I was due to start my period the pain in my breasts would disappear.
I have decided that I will not take flax seed this month (June 2009), I will keep you posted with any developments.
Please feel free to add your own comments and experiences with Flax Seed to this post.